Job Description: Kitchen Assistant
Department: All areas in the kitchen to include stores, yard area, male changing room and canteen
Report to: Acting Head Chef and in her absence the Senior Chef de Partie
- Report for duty in the correct uniform as required by the company, paying particular attention to personal hygiene
- To provide wash-up services in the kitchen ensuring that all pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, glassware and any other kitchen equipment is washed, dried and stored correctly and neatly
- Maintenance of the kitchen area to include all areas mentioned above, sweeping/mopping floors, hose out food and bottle bins, emptying bins when full etc.
- To assist the chef in charge when requested to do so.
- To comply with the company food hygiene regulations outlined the hygiene booklet
- To set up workstations with the necessary ingredients and cooking equipment.
- To assist in the preparation of food for starters, mains, desserts
- To ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Report any defects on items delivered immediately to management
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- To wear personal protective equipment when cleaning windows/canopies/walls or segregating bottles/cardboard or working in the grounds area.
- Ensure all fire exits / stairs and ground below stairs are kept free from rubbish and are swept and cleaned weekly.
To carry out any other reasonable requests made by management on duty
Please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org