Oranmore Lodge Hotel
Covid Statement & FAQ
At the Oranmore Lodge Hotel, our number one priority is the safety of our guests and our staff. We have a wonderful team who are dedicated to the health and safety of all visitors. On your next visit to Oranmore Lodge Hotel, you may notice some differences that allow us to align with Covid-19 recommendations from the HSE and the government. We have introduced new measures and protocols to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. However, we can assure you that we will provide you with a enjoyable and safe stay in our hotel.
On Arrival and Departure
- There are hand sanitization units at the entrance to the hotel and directly at the front desk.
- Protective screens are in place for your safety.
- Arriving and departing guests will be requested by our receptionist team to sanitize before approaching the desk.
- Visible markings will guide you safely throughout the hotel.
- Contactless payment will be encouraged. Where this is not feasible, payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction.
- All of our key cards are disinfected after every use.
- Hand sanitizing stations are in place throughout our public areas, inside public toilets and at the entrance to each of our food service areas.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces and touchpoints is being carried out throughout our hotel.
- Social distancing measures are in place.
- Doorways will be left open where allowed to reduce contact.
- A thorough cleaning and sanitization protocol is in place for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific detail being given to all touchpoints such as tv remotes, door handles, light switches, taps, shower and aircon controls.
- All our housekeeping attendants are provided with effective and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Linens will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination
- Breakfast now takes place in The Inismaam Suite to ensure tables and chairs and socially distanced.
- Hand sanitization units are available on entry to and in the breakfast room.
- Social distancing is recommended and visual reminders are in place.
- In accordance with guidelines, breakfast is now plated and served by our breakfast team.
- Dining tables, chairs and menus are sanitized after each use.
Covid Frequently Asked Questions
What extra cleaning measure has been taken in my room?
A thorough and comprehensive cleaning and sanitizing programme is in place with hospital-grade sanitization chemicals for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touchpoints such as tv remotes, door handles, light switches, taps, shower units, toilet flushers and aircon controls. All of our rooms and public areas are treated with a proven and effective antimicrobial product, with a proven track record against Covid-19.
Where can I eat at the hotel?
We are now using our Inismaam Suite for dining purposes. All tables are spaced out to accommodate social distancing so it is advisable for hotel residents to either book a table in advance or upon check-in to the hotel. Walk-in availability in not guaranteed.
Is the Bar open?
Yes, our bar is open to hotel guests. The bar is functioning with table service. The Bar will open with full bar service incorporating social distancing and with table service from the 19th July.
In instances where a travelling group are too big for a single table, we will most certainly make every effort to sit singular larger parties in neighbouring seats. Free movement around the bar/restaurant or movement from table to table or the like will most likely be totally restricted under the new rules of social distancing. We would ask all our patrons to bear with us in these very changed times and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by the strict enforcement of these rules. They are of course necessary for the safety of all our guests and the wider community at large.
What Covid-19 measure has the Hotel taken?
We have increased all our cleaning, health and safety procedures at Oranmore Lodge Hotel. All touch points such as door handles, lift controls, counters, bannisters are all sanitized regularly by our dedicated public areas team. Menus, Tables, Key Cards, credit card machines are all sanitized after use. Cutlery, Crockery and Utensils are all professionally washed and handled carefully. Hand Sanitizer stations are in place at all entrances, outside lifts and various points throughout the hotel.
Is Room Service available?
A room service menu is available from Reception and alcohol can be provided when ordering your food.
Breakfast is now served in the Inismaam Suite. This is to allow you to enjoy your breakfast with social distancing. In keeping with guidelines, breakfast is plated and served by our breakfast team while maintaining a safe distance.
We have procedures in place throughout the hotel to ensure social distancing is in place creating a safe environment for all our guests.
What training have hotel staff received?
We have a Covid-19 team in place in our hotel and senior members of management have recently undertaken a QQI level 5 course in Infection, Prevention & Disease Control, all our team have undertaken comprehensive training in relation to safe work practices pertaining to Covid-19, ensuring their own safety at work and that of our guests and other visitors. We are committed to providing ongoing training to all our team members in response to any future changes.